Board of Directors
The Coquitlam Farmers Market started as a Community Economic Development project by Simon Fraser University students in 1997. With the goals of reconnecting local producers with suburban consumers, and citizens with each other, we are proud to operate one of Metro Vancouver’s longest running suburban farmers markets.
In addition to our two farmers markets, our efforts are also focused on food security issues throughout the region. We are building capacity in the community, so that citizens can have access to locally grown and prepared food.
Nurturing a resilient food system through community engagement.
Our vision is to create vibrant communities where food is plentiful, available, accessible, culturally and ecologically appropriate, and forms part of a sustainable, resilient food system. We strive to influence and promote community food security with the purpose of fostering economic, environmental and social well-being.
- We advocate a sustainable and resilient food system backed by strong food policy.
- We believe that the foundation of a healthy, vibrant community is access to culturally and ecologically appropriate food.
- We foster a food community with strong trusted relationships, high quality local products, and openness about food sources.
- We believe in the importance of research and innovation to inform and action food policy, food culture, and sustainability.
- We work to anchor the local community’s food system so that it reflects a commitment to sustainability, the earth, and future generations.
- We prioritize collaboration, respect, open discussion, and capacity building within our organization.
We are a not-for-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors and supported by a vibrant team of staff and volunteers. As an organization, we seek to develop and maintain positive relationships within and beyond our organization and embrace creativity, innovation, and collaboration in the work that we undertake.
PO Box 64567
Follow Us On Social Media
Coquitlam Farmers Market
Port Moody Farmers Market