Job Posting: Program Coordinator
Organizational Background: Coquitlam Farmers Market Society
Coquitlam Farmers Market Society (CFMS) is a non-profit, volunteer driven organization and is one of the longest running suburban farmer’s markets in the Lower Mainland, our beginnings rooted in a community economic development project initiated by SFU students in 1996.
The Program Coordinator position will be responsible for creating and implementing a children’s agricultural program at market, and will also assist with the planning and execution of market events.
The duties of this position include: Power Of Produce Program
– Create and implement pilot children’s agricultural program
– Operate program through to end of September
– Create resource manual for future implementation
– Attend weekly market to facilitate program
Special Event Support
– Assist Market Manager with planning and implementation of events, workshops, and children’s activities at market
– Assist with planning and coordination of large fundraising event
– Attend community events promoting Farmers Market
– write blog posts about kids/food, PoP program, impacts, activities and events at market
– General updates – vendor updates, event updates.
We are looking for someone who:
• Enjoys working in a fast paced environment and being outside in all weather conditions
• Enjoys physical labour and getting their hands dirty
• Has strong time management skills and is detail oriented
• Has excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
• Is self directed, reliable, responsible and flexible
• Can lift up to 10 kgs of equipment
• Holds a valid BC drivers license with a good driving record
The ideal candidate will also have the following characteristics:
• An interest and/or experience in community development
• Experience or familiar with the not-for-profit sector
• Familiarity with the Tri-Cities area an asset
Term of Contract:
• June 1 – August 31, 2018 30 hours per week
• September 1 – Oct 28, 2018 10 hours per week
• Wage – $13.00/ hr
Note: This is a Canada Summer Student Grant position – Candidates must be 18 – 35 years of age and attending post secondary school.
Please forward a cover letter and resume, describing how your background/experience meets the above criteria by email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.