5 Great Reasons to Have Your Children Start Gardening
Gardening with children is amazing for their development. Through gardening, they learn many new skills. They learn to work with their hands, how to take care of something else, and they learn patience as they wait for their plants to grow. Teaching children about planting seeds can be fun and educational. Kids love being creative, and this can also become a great outlet for them to express their creativity. They can make choices in what they want to plant and learn how real, nutritious food is actually made. Things don’t just come from a store, there is a process and getting them more involved in this process will help them become more conscious eaters as they grow older.
5 Great Reasons to Have Your Children Start Gardening:
- It builds their self-confidence they are creating something out of nothing.
- They learn how to be more responsible because they are now in charge of caring for something other than themselves.
- It is a great way to bond with them.
- The become healthier eaters because they are involved in the process of growing food and they are more likely to try eating something that they have created.
- It teaches them to be more patient as they wait for their little plants to grow.
This Sunday at the POP Club tent we will be teaching children how to plant beet seeds. They will each work with the soil and plant their little seeds into egg cartons. We will teach them about the different stages that the plant goes through and how to care for their little plants. Then they will take their plants home and watch them grow!
Hope to see you there!
If you haven’t yet registered for the program this season, make sure you visit the POP tent to get started!
Learn more about the program here: POP Kids Club