Meal Prep Monday: Ale Chili
Ale Chili Directions
From the Market:
Simply Delish Soups
- 2 x bags of chili mix ( smoky black bean or taco mix)
- IPA or Lager
- Ground Chicken
- 4 Carrots
Mt. Lehman Cheese Co.
- Cheddar of Tomme
- Loaf of bread
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups stock
- 1/4 cup chili spice
- 2 tbsp cumin
Prep Work (Enjoy a Mariner Brewing beer while cooking!)
- Dice onion
- Grate cheese
- In large stock pot, saute onion in 2 tbsp oil of choice until soft.
- (If adding meat protein) add Rockweld Farms ground chicken and cook through.
- Add 1/4 cup chili spice and 2 tbsp cumin
- Add 2 x packages of Simply Delish Soup Chili mix to pot
- Add 2 x cans of Mariners Brewing beer of choice
- Add 2 cups stock of choice
- Add 4 cups of water
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to low simmer
- Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally or until all beans from soup mix as tender
- Season to taste. Add salt & pepper
- Garnish. Add grated cheese from Mt.Lehman Cheese Co.
- Serve with fresh sliced bread from A Bread Affair
- Portion into servings for your weekly meals and freeze remaining into serving size portions for later!
Time Saver Tip!
If you’re pressed for time the night before you can pour 2 x packages of Simply Delish Soup’s chili mix into large stock pot and add 4 cups of water. Allow mix to soak overnight and you can reduce cook time by half.