Weekly Vendor Spotlight: Corbicula Pollen
With the onset of COVID-19, the farmer’s markets are slightly different this year. To maintain the flow of traffic and avoid crowding we have asked that people “Shop, don’t stop” during the market. This may have created a lack of connection between you and our incredible vendors. We will be posting a weekly spotlight of our vendors to give you the opportunity to stop and connect with your local makers, bakers, and growers!
This week’s vendor spotlight is Corbicula Pollen!
Meet Casey, Carolyn and Jason, the creators of Corbicula Pollen Ldt. They are local bee pollen producers and honey producers. They have three main products. Wildflower honey, local bee pollen and our buzzed honey ( honey infused with bee pollen)
What inspired you to start your business?
Casey and Carolyn met each other in beekeeping university and together with Jason and his vision to start a pollen producing company we banded together to create corbicula. We wanted to bring local bee pollen and bee products to our community.
What is your favourite thing about the Port Moody Market and Port Moody?
We love the customers and neighbours in the area. People are so kind, loyal and supportive of all the vendors. We also love the vendors who attend. It’s a really great community feel.
What is something you are grateful for this year?
Despite all the Covid craziness, farmers markets were deemed essential and we’ve been able to stay afloat. The push to support local businesses has been huge! We appreciate and are so grateful for everyone who has been recommending our products and visiting us at farmers markets since January.
What are the benefits of pollen and honey?
Bee Pollen is a great source of plant based nutrition.
- Multivitamin: Bee Pollen is high in and high in Vitamins A, B and C.
- Minerals: Bee Pollen contains up to 22 amino acids
- Immunity: Can help boost immunity, keeping you healthy year round. Known to help with inflammation, healing of wounds and sores, and with menopause.
- Energy: A natural way to keep you energized in the morning, after the gym and throughout the day. Works as a great dietary element to help kick mid day cravings!
- Allergies: 3 out of 5 people who consume Bee Pollen leading up to the spring season have said to have reduced effects of Spring and Summer allergies. By consuming LOCAL Bee Pollen regularly you can build up a resistance in your body to help hay fever.
Interested in trying some local & delicious honey?
Click here to order online or visit them at the Port Moody Winter Market on the following dates from 10am -2 pm:
**Please note dates may be subject to change due to COVID-19 Public Health Orders**
February 7th & 21st
March 7th & 21st
April 4th & 18th
Want to stay up to date with Corbiculla and the Farmers markets?
Click below to follow our social media!